Thanksgiving is next week, can you believe winter is almost here in MA and NH? I am hoping the weather will stay nice for the big feast next Thursday. I will be preparing the turkey for my whole family, for the first time ever. Whether you are staying at home and cooking, or traveling to see friends and family, keep in mind the following simple safety tips:
- Never EVER leave food cooking on the stove unattended.
- Turn pot handles toward the back of your stove, so little ones (and big people too) don't knock a pan over causing a fire on the stove.
Did you know... There are 3 times more food related fires on Thanksgiving day than any other day!
If you are planning to travel:
- Make sure your vehicle is ready, brakes and all safety systems functioning
- Make sure you fill your gas tank
- Put together an emergency travel kit, with some food/water/coat/blanket and any necessary medication, in case of breakdown or accident
- Finally please DO NOT TEXT WHILE DRIVING OR DRINK & DRIVE. Your friends and family want to see you make it to the party and safely home!
We wish you all a Happy SAFE Thanksgiving! For some further information, check out our website at: www.georgetowninsurance.com