Can you believe September is NEXT WEEK! MA and NH are gearing up for the start of a new school year. Many are dealing with back to school shopping lists along with the usual anxiety for the start of school! While my children are out of public school and in college, I remember ALL those first days of school. Good and bad… So much excitement/anxiety on both student and parent’s part.
Now, add parents rushing to get kids to school and get to work on time, distracted drivers due to construction and our ever growing problem of cell phone use while behind the wheel. I believe this will be one of the most challenging starts of school ever!
Please be on high alert for kids walking, bicycling and pay close attention to walk lights, and construction details- which will make things chaotic. Below are just a few things to keep in mind.
- WATCH for children at ALL times
- SLOW DOWN, if you think you may be late to work- just imagine how much later you would be if involved in an accident?
- Statistics show, most children are struck by cars near school than anywhere else
- Make sure you are familiar with the drop off/ pick up routine at your child's school
- Use common sense, don’t stop on a crosswalk if there is a red light as this would force a child to cross outside the crosswalk
and the list goes on!
We hope everyone has a safe and happy start to the new school year! Please visit our website for lots of safety reminders, insurance tips and useful information at:
There are lots more tips and reminders, feel free to visit: http://www.nsc.org/learn/safety-knowledge
The National Safety Council website
I hope you are getting the message I am trying to relay… there are so many things to be aware of at this time of year. Drive safe and please watch out for our children!