We are in uncertain times and we are here for you.
The situation has led to many people staying home to help slow the spread of COVID-19 which means fewer cars are on the road. Fewer drivers on the road means there have been fewer accidents. This has led to Insurance Companies saving by paying less accident claims and they want to share those savings to help you, their valued customers!
In an effort to help ease some of the financial burden people are facing, many of our insurance companies have announced relief programs to provide refunds or credits to their policyholders.
Which companies are offering credits to customers?
- MAPFRE Insurance Staying Home Discount. MAPFRE will credit 15% of the April and May premium to all new and existing personal auto customers. This discount will automatically be applied to your insurance and reflected in your future bills.
- Safety Insurance Personal Auto Relief Credit. Safety will credit 15% of the April and May premium to all existing personal auto insurance customers. This credit will automatically be applied to your insurance and reflected in your future bills.
- Plymouth Rock Assurance. Plymouth Rock will apply a 25% premium credit on Liability and Personal Injury Protection Coverages. Plymouth Rock customers will have the option to “pay it forward” by donating auto insurance premium credit to a non-profit organization.
- Safeco Personal Auto Customer Relief Refund. Safeco will return 15% of the April and May premium to all existing personal auto customers. This refund will automatically be given to customers in the same manner that they paid their last bill with Safeco.
- Progressive Apron Relief Program. Progressive will credit 20% of the April and May premiums to all personal auto customers. This credit will automatically be applied to your insurance and reflected in your future bills.
Are companies doing anything else to help?
All of our carrier partners will work with all customers if they are having issues making payments. Please reach out to our office or you can call your company directly. Many companies are also allowing customers to use their personal cars for delivery for food and/or medicine during this pandemic.
Are Insurance Companies doing anything to help the community?
Absolutely! One of the best things about our companies is that they are also good citizens. Many are local or regional so our home is their home.
- Fundación MAPFRE, donated $2.3 million (part of a larger global donation of $38 million) to support urgent medical and community needs across Massachusetts.
- Safeco/Liberty Mutual is giving $1,000,000 in community grants to various local organization providing critical local support.
- Safety Insurance is providing financial support to Massachusetts COVID -19 Relief Fund, Boston Resiliency Fund, Project Bread, Healthcare Heroes to benefit the Massachusetts General Emergency Response Fund.
During this time our physical office is closed to the pubic but WE ARE OPEN AND HERE TO HELP! You can always reach us by phone 1-978-352-8000 or email info [at] georgetowninsurance [dot] com.